job description.In this postion you will be m anaging and supervising at a project level all engineering and administrative policies, procedures and functions. Coordinating with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented. Projects are in and around Dallas.
- Performs assigned aspects of the company's safety and quality plans and culture by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through individual actions and mentoring others.
- Coordinates with project QA/QC planning to ensure quality for assigned tasks.
- Participates in the estimating and change management process and tools, including quantity take-off and review of subcontractor proposals.
- Makes decisions on the selection of subcontractors and vendors.
- Coordinates approved purchase orders for timing and delivery to support project completion material purchases, project changes, and repairs where appropriate to support project completion.
- Works on site with the project team to carry out a variety of tasks such as monitoring crew size, self-perform hours, materials, quantity and equipment.
- Participates in activities such as punch lists, city inspections, safety reviews, quality reviews and prepares the necessary documentation.
- Posts drawings and specifications with most recent information.
- Organizes and participates in various project meetings. Prepares and disseminates required documentation as appropriate.
- Coordinate and inspects work and prepares a variety of reports including project daily reports, weekly progress reports, unit reporting, percentage complete, daily Client, production schedules, equipment tracking, etc. in order to support the project. Talking to subs, documenting, did the painter get his work completed add self-perform comment
- Performs job site observations with project leadership.
- Creates procurement logs based on the project schedule and specification requirements. Tracks shop drawings and follows up with deliveries as directed by the project team.
- Provides progress updates and reports back to the project team to support the scheduling process.
- May provide oversight to assigned to close out aspects of the project
- Oversees, including but not limited to the punch list, operations and maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, etc.
- Abides by company best practice standards and fundamentals for building and construction techniques
- Builds relationships and develops communication and interpersonal skills with tradespeople and project team members such as foreman, journeymen, superintendents, subcontractors, etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the various functions and support roles across the company and how each contributes to the success of a project.
- Implements best practices for identifying, developing and integrating self-perform opportunities into the project.
- Reporting, plan their own schedules, within the parameters of work scope.
Qualifications / Expereince:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- 2+ Years construction experience.
- Must be able to lift at least to 50 pounds
- May require periods of travel and/or relocation
If you a Project Engineer looking for a new challnege and would like to find out more, send your resume to Lloyd.email@example.com.